Missing Email Confirmations
Patients Not Receiving Email Confirmations
Problem: Sometimes patients complain that they do not receive email confirmations or reminders from us.
Discussion: Veribook is designed to allow different Veribook accounts to schedule for the same individual. For example, one instance of this is scheduling for families.
This means instead of sending email confirmations to the email address for a patient on file for a patient in OSCAR, email confirmations are sent to the email address on file for the corresponding Veribook account (see step 5 here).
Emails can thus not be received for a few different reasons:
- the email address was caught by a spam filter (most common)
- the email address had a typo (very common)
- the email was "lost" in transit (very rare)
We take many different steps to limit the above, but it is unfortunately impossible to remove these risks. Some examples of what we do:
- we only send plain text emails
- we do not include attachments in our emails
- we do real-time validation of email addresses
- we pay a third-party service provider to send our emails
A common situation where this becomes a problem is if a patient makes a first appointment using an email address with a typo, they might make a second appointment thinking the first appointment "did not go through". Read more here, including how a sample report such as the one to the right can help mitigate this issue.